o REAL FOOD o NO CHEMICALS o NO PROGRAMS o REASONABLE EXERCISE o HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS o BATTLING PCOS NATURALLY

Friday, May 28, 2010

Day 47/365 Pretzel Jello

At times when we are focusing on our weight loss, it's easy to deprive ourselves.  I know that for several years I thought if I ate something desserty, I messed up and then I would go crazy eating it with the comforting thought, "I'll do better tomorrow."

Now what works for me is that I allow myself to eat whatever I want.  NO RESTRICTIONS!!  A serving of dessert is not going to put on the weight, but several servings will.  Sometimes, when I feel I may loose control, I take a moment and think what it feels like after gorging on something good.  Really focus on the feeling, and you will remember that it never feels good after wards.  Ever.

Sometimes that visual is enough to keep me from going over board.  Often times, knowing that feeling is coming if I overindulge, I find myself content with a bite.  Nothing ever tastes as good as that first bite.

Here is a recipe of one of my most favorite desserts.  I don't try to cut corners and cheat weight gain by substituting all the fake, low-fat, artificial sweetened type foods, I use the real stuff.  There is a lot less chemicals if you do this.  As it is, there is plenty of fake color/flavor/chemicals in the jello and Cool Whip so don't add any more gunk by getting "sugar-free" or "fat free".  If I could find a better substitution for these two items, I would do it.  But for now, I enjoy a serving or less, one or two times a year. 

Pretzel Jello

2 2/3 c. chopped pretzels
1 1/2 cube melted butter
1/2 c. milk
1 1/4 c. sugar
1lg & 2sm. packages cream cheese
2-10oz frozen strawberries, sweetened
9 oz. Cool Whip
1 lg. package Strawberry jello
2 c. pineapple juice

Mix pretzels with butter and press in 9x13 baking dish.  Bake @ 400' for 10 minutes.

Mix cream cheese, milk and sugar until smooth.  Spread on warm pretzels.

Spread Cool Whip over cream cheese layer and chill.

Dissolve Jello in hot pineapple juice, add frozen strawberries and allow to partially jell.

Pour carefully over the Cool Whip layer and allow to set in the refrigerator.

Works best if you do this the night before or early in the morning to allow it to fully set.

What I did today:
Elliptical Trainer 15 minutes @ level 15

No comments:

Post a Comment