o REAL FOOD o NO CHEMICALS o NO PROGRAMS o REASONABLE EXERCISE o HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS o BATTLING PCOS NATURALLY

Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 36/365 Books & Authors

I love to pass the time on the elliptical while reading a good book.I am busy balancing too much on an over full plate and getting time to read is a rare thing.  For me, when I am on the elliptical, that is precious time to read and I take advantage of it.  Also with a good book, I can stay on for a lot longer than when I am just watching TV. The longest workout yet is 1 1/2 hours...it was a good book and I didn't want to put it down!!

There are so many wonderful books out there and most sequels seem to be coming out late summer/fall.  I am trying to wait patiently, but patience isn't my strongest virtue...

Some of the books I am patiently waiting for 
(In order of publication): 

Sisters Red - Jackson Pearce
The Short Second Half Life of Bree Tanner - Stephenie Meyer
Linger - Maggie Stiefvater
Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins
The Clockwork Angel - Cassandra Clare
Bran Hambric:The Specter Key - Kaleb Nation
The Scorch Trials - James Dashner

Something I have discovered recently that I have been enjoying is Twitter.  I know, I know, I too thought it was stupid and for the tweener generation.  I COULDN'T HAVE BEEN MORE WRONG!  I am actually liking it more than Facebook right now too.  (Maybe because it's new to me)  I just like the way it's quick little blurps.  

I have met several people.  Some across the country and overseas others local enough that we plan to meet at Starbucks soon for a mommy date.  (My favorite Starbucks drink is the Vanilla Creme-it's hot, frothy milk with vanilla flavoring) It's been great to chat with them throughout the day.  I spend so much time on the computer home schooling my kids, that it's nice to take a few minutes to say hi and catch up with others.


The best thing about Twitter is being able to send messages to people who otherwise would never add you to their FB page.  If you have a Twitter account, you can tweet ANYONE else with an account.  To "follow" someone allows you to receive all their tweets.  It's such a wonderful way to network and great for any age group, not just the tweener Bieber fans.


Since I was talking books earlier, here are the authors I follow on Twitter. There are more I have yet to find, so these are just a few. Simply click the following names and you can follow them too.

KalebNation
mstiefvater 

AprilynnePike
cassieclare
jamesdashner
haleshannon
JacksonPearce
jk_rowling

What I did today:
Elliptical: 15 min @ level 15
Hundred Push-up Challenge: Week 5 Day 3 (120 push-ups)

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving talking to you on Twitter......we have so much in common! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!! Thanks for checking out my blog. :o)

    ReplyDelete