o REAL FOOD o NO CHEMICALS o NO PROGRAMS o REASONABLE EXERCISE o HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS o BATTLING PCOS NATURALLY

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thursday - My Favorite Dressing

I wanted to share my most favorite dressing.  We mostly use it on our salads, but it's great to dip in after the salad is gone!  It's all natural, easy to make and you can use this for a couple of salads which saves time in the kitchen.  If you are Italian or like lots of garlic, or both like myself, you will especially like the following recipe.

Yummy Italian Dressing
3/4 cup Olive Oil
1 cup Balsamic Vinegar or Apple Cider (less muddy looking)
1 clove garlic
1 T. dried basil or Italian Seasoning
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

I make this so often I don't even measure any more so the measurements may be adjusted for your taste.

I LOVE balsamic, but I have to admit, it doesn't make a very pretty dressing. (But does it matter?  You will only be looking at it for a short bit, it's all about flavor, right?)

Since olive oil is used, when refrigerated, the dressing will solidify.  So, take the dressing out of the fridge for 5-10 minutes before you plan on using it OR you can add 1/4 cup of all natural ranch (Not the stuff that has a bunch of unpronounceable words.  I find some great, all-natural dressings in the refrigerated produce section at the store).  The ranch will make the dressing a "Creamy Ranch" and will keep it from solidifying in the fridge as well as separate like oil and vinegar dressings tend to do.

This is what I did today:
Elliptical: 15 min @ level 15

No comments:

Post a Comment