o REAL FOOD o NO CHEMICALS o NO PROGRAMS o REASONABLE EXERCISE o HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS o BATTLING PCOS NATURALLY

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day 277 - A Warm Breakfast on a Cold Day

It's Sunday and it's always fun to make something warm for my family when it's chilly. I LOVE my Betty Crocker Cookbook!! If you don't have one, get one! It's full of basic, simple recipes. I grew up cooking out of my mom's and when I first moved out my mom gave me my own. I have literally worn it out and it's falling apart!

On page 42, there is a recipe for "Popovers." It's a basic recipe and I like to substitute WHOLE WHEAT PASTRY FLOUR instead of using white flour. Another thing I love in cooking because it's so fine, it can easily be used instead of white flour and you can't tell most times that you did it. I am always sneaking whole wheat flour in baked goods and no one ever knows...

POPOVERS

2 eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour (or WWPF)
1 cup milk
1/2 tea. salt

Heat oven to 450'. Grease 6-cup popover pan (or I use the big muffin tins to make BIG Costco sized muffins) Beat eggs slightly in medium bowl. Beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth (do not overbeat). Fill cups about one-half full. Bake 20 minutes. Decrease oven temperature to 350' . Bake 20 minutes longer or until deep golden brown. Immediately removed from cups and serve hot. 6 popovers; 115 calories each.

They are great served with fruit for a balanced and filling breakfast!

**I was going to include a picture but I must have been too sleepy to think clearly because I cooked them like muffins (I did 350' for 20 minutes and took them out) and I ended with "popunders"...hope I can salvage them! Yea, I did jinx myself yesterday. On Allrecipes.com I was filling out a "get to know you" sort of page and it asked about cooking blunders I have had. I haven't had one in a very long time...until today**

No comments:

Post a Comment