o REAL FOOD o NO CHEMICALS o NO PROGRAMS o REASONABLE EXERCISE o HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS o BATTLING PCOS NATURALLY

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 139: The Schwarzbein Principle

I think about blogging all the time, but as you can see by the dates, I dont quite make it to Blogger to post  these thoughts. I'm not going to promise to do better, because I don't make promises that I might not be able to keep and right now, I know I can't keep that promise if I made it.

Lately, my body is doing something weird. I'm still working out everyday and my eating hasn't changed (it's kept me maintaining for over a year) but something isn't right.  In the last month, I've started to gain weight.  Last time this happened I was binging a lot at night, so understanably, I gained weight rapidly.  But this time, there is no logical explanation that I know of.  I contribute it to two possible things:

1. I've reached that age where my metabolism takes a dump since I'm on the downside of 30.
                                                                           OR
2. My PCOS has decided to wage a greater war against me due to the extra stress I've been under.

As I write this, I'm thinking it's probably a combination between the two.

What's the plan? Several years ago, I read The Schwarzbein Principle.  It's a series of books I highly recommend if you have PCOS.  The author, Diana Schwarzbein, had PCOS when she was younger and she reversed it through a healthy, non chemical, real food diet.  I read the whole series, I even got the cookbook, but I never really had a chance to try it out for weight loss because I got pregnant about a month after I changed my eating habits. 

Needless to say, it's been two babies since I read the books and I need a refresher.  I'm going to brush up on the details so I can fine tune my eating to tackle my current issue. I'm not promising, but I'll probably naturally blog more often because I'll want to share what I'm reading.  (I tend to do that when I'm excited about something.) Especially since I know many of my readers have PCOS too.

No comments:

Post a Comment