o REAL FOOD o NO CHEMICALS o NO PROGRAMS o REASONABLE EXERCISE o HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS o BATTLING PCOS NATURALLY

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Utah Vacation - Spending Time with Family & Friends - Meeting my Favorite Author

Hello! Remember me? Yeah, I haven't been here for awhile. But I have a super good excuse, I've been on vacation!  My family and I just returned home from our week stay in Utah visiting family and a dear friend in Las Vegas.  My husband and I agree, this was probably one of the most fun vacations we have ever taken.

We stayed a week with family in Springville, Utah.  The kids played and caught up, as did the adults.  We also were able to watch the season change before our very eyes.  We left California after a day where the AC was needed, and we arrived in Utah on a typical autumn evening.  By mid-week, it was snowing throughout the Salt Lake Valley.

It was such an exciting week for me that I found myself without an appetite.  Yes, you heard correctly, WITHOUT an appetite.  I know, usually while on vacation, it's so easy to gorge on good food.  We had good food, I just didn't feeling like eating it.  I even had some dark chocolate stashed away, just in case.  I had one piece the day I bought it and I didn't touch it the remainder of the trip. I know, I am shocked too.

The only thing I can think of is that I was truly in a relaxed mode. When I am relaxed, food takes on a whole new meaning for me and I have better control over it, actually, it would seem, that I have complete control over it.  When I am stressed, tired and can't think straight, it's easy to snack and gorge and loose all control.  It felt great being in control this week and I feel a new resolve to get into a better routine to keep it permanent.

An exciting event that happened while in Utah was an opportunity to catch up with our favorite author, Kaleb Nation, at his book signing.  You have seen me talk about his books before.  (If not, scroll down)  Bran Hambric: The Farfield Curse was published last year.  This year, Bran Hambric: The Specter Key, was released.  He's as sweet in person as he is online.  It was truly a pleasure to meet him.  We wish him the very best.
Kaleb and me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you didn't over do food on your vay-cay. I kind of dread going home. Our mothers seem to want to stuff us all...and it's hard to say no. :)

    ReplyDelete