o REAL FOOD o NO CHEMICALS o NO PROGRAMS o REASONABLE EXERCISE o HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS o BATTLING PCOS NATURALLY

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Indian dinner from our garden.

SO dinner time came around tonight like it always does.  Wanting something different, I went to Google and started searching for recipes that had the ingredients I had.

I wanted to create a meal with:

  • Eggplant
  • Coconut milk
  • Garam masala (Spice blend)

This came up in the search: Chicken and Vegetable Curry  To my surprise, the recipe also included tomatoes and zucchini.  A definite WIN since I have so much out in the garden right now. 




What I enjoyed most this dish is that it's full of vegetables and still filling.  Sometimes when we make stir-frys there isn't enough fat or protein to keep me full and I'm left craving for something a few hours later.  This dish is very filling, so a little serving will keep you satisfied until breakfast.  The flavor is subtle and rich, so if you skipped the rice and left out the chicken, it wouldn't be missed.  This recipe is very versatile; we'll probably add more eggplant to it next time since we like it so much.


**Update: It was even BETTER for lunch.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment